Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MONOPOLY

Just got an email saying that to continue my service with Netflix, I must pay 33% more per month.  I was literally JUST talking about how disappointed I was with what Netflix was releasing on streaming lately, i.e. nothing I want to watch.  And it's been taking 2 days instead of 1 to get my movies in the mail.  Now they're raising prices?

Here's what I think happened:  Netflix enters market.
Netflix is more convenient for lazy &%# people who don't want to leave home.
America = lazy ass people who don't want to leave home.
Blockbuster and other competitors hurt for business on top of already feeling the pinch of the recession.
Competitors go bankrupt.
Netflix holds market.
Monopoly pricing.

Some customers will be paying for the same (or like me, worse) service for up to 60% more per month!  If that's not a racket, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment