Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Expectations... and Reality

This summer I am taking courses at the University of New Orleans, and I love it.  The people are nicer than I expected, classes are exciting and actually require you to do something more than sit there and listen to the professor drone on and on for hours. 

I'll be honest, when I signed up for two classes that are 2.5 hours long back-to-back two times a week, I expected to want to shoot myself by the end of the second class.  However, I barely notice the time going by.  Dad says it's because they "feel bad" for those of us that chose to take summer classes. I see it as a huge value, I'm taking 9 hours, which could easily be a regular semester (or about 15 weeks) in 7 weeks.  That's less than half the amount of time for the same number of hours.  And I get to graduate a semester earlier than I would if I had taken them in the Spring or Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment