Monday, January 23, 2012

Mondays

So today is Monday, naturally, I assumed that it was going to be "a bad day."  I woke up with a headache, I had to go to a job fair for a job that I didn't think that I would really be interested in.  Both of my tenants had to pay rent today, and it's usually a battle to even get them on the phone, much less collect any money (disclaimer: one of my tenants is pretty amazing, they're really sweet people, and they actually care about me and my property.) Anyway, I just had a negative attitude about the whole day, something that I'm not usually one to have.  I'm normally the positive, "glass is half-full" type of girl.  So I dragged myself out of bed, and got the day going. 

Here's how I was blessed today, and how it has reminded me to always have a positive outlook on life:

First, I looked in the mirror to find that my face has significantly cleared up (I break out when I'm stressed)

Second, I couldn't decide what to wear, because I wanted to wear it all, which is quite the opposite of the "I don't have anything to wear" attitude.

After I left the house, I went to the job fair, and found that it was extremely crowded, and the person that I talked to didn't really seem interested in talking to me.  Maybe she could sense that I didn't really want to manage a Denny's; either way, I don't think it's a bad thing that it didn't work out.  It reminded me to keep my eye on my career goal.  To not get distracted by the jobs that I don't really have an interest in, just because they're there. 

I went by to see my friend Andrea, and she told me that she had a CD with pictures she took of me on Friday at our makeover/modelling session.  It's really great to get professional photographs of yourself and a $45 makeover for free!  She also invited me to go to the next shutterjunkies meeting, which was actually on a night that I could attend!  I'm so excited!

Then I was able to collect the rent!

And. . . drumroll!  I got an email requesting an interview for the Child Protective Services job that I applied for last week.  I completed their pre-employment screening tests on Friday, the deadline was today, and they emailed me literally hours after they received my tests.  I'm so hopeful for this position, since it's right in line with the plan I have for myself.  I want to work directly with people that are less fortunate than myself, to have an impact on people's lives, rather than just try to sell them stuff.  I have been praying about this job, and I think this is part of the answer to my prayers.  Friday will let me know the real answer!

So, what I've learned from today is that you really never know what a day holds.  I realize that if I go into a day with a negative attitude, it usually will end up in a negative way.  Luckily, I have amazing friends, and a few other positive things in my life, that allowed me to gain a more positive outlook on my Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment