Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions


Originally posted as a note on Facebook.

I drove for a few hours today already and while I was driving I thought about the meaning of resolutions, and what I want mine to be this year.  I think that resolving to do something should be for the benefit of yourself first and foremost.  The happiness of others will radiate from your journey to personal happiness.  So, in discord with my past new year resolutions, which have always been to make someone else happy, or to become more successful, or to do some other thing for someone other than myself, this year, my resolutions are to make myself a better and more completely happy person.  I finally realize that happiness comes from within, and the only person that you really need to be proud of you is yourself.
I resolve to do the following this year, whether they are completed or not, I'll see!  Not in any particular order, here they are:
  1. I want to write a book. This is the one that I doubt will be finished this year. 
  2. I will make at least 1 piece of art a month.  *Not including my photoshop projects, of course :)
  3. I want to start working on photography again
  4. I'll take at least 1 afternoon a week for me.  Personal time with no distractions of work or projects - quality time with myself. 
  5. I want to reconnect with friends that I've fallen out of touch with. 
I encourage you all to keep me accountable for any and all of these!  (Also, I hope that you will choose to take the same approach when making your resolutions this year.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment